Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Siblings

Clayre has been here two days and I already sort of want to strangle her.  But I suppose that would be a success in her book.  It's hard for me to mourn and fret when I wish to flay my sibling alive and roll her still-conscious body in salt and lemon juice.

But it's good to have her here, vitriol aside.  She has helped more than I thought she would.  She's pushing my buttons.  Keeping me distracted.

It still hurts, but I'm healing.  I don't think I will be "better" by any stretch of the imagination for a long time, but I think...I think I might by okay for a while.  I hope I can be okay for a while.

She's taking me out for late night ice cream.  As much as I abhor to stick to the stereotypical feminine standby for feeling better, that sounds really, really fucking good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment