Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Erika

I have  a little time.  Not much, but a little.  Erika--she has lost the war on preventing me from calling her that--wants us to get as far away from where we were as possible.  She doesn't want to police finding us.  I tend to agree--I doubt I would be very interesting quarry--if that is indeed what is keeping me alive--from protective custody.

She won't tell me much about herself.  She says she was watching me because I remind her of someone she lost.  She also says she was once a victim of these...creatures, herself, in the past.

I want to trust her, but...I don't know what to think, anymore.  I long for a time when I could blame the death of my fiance on the evils of man.  But now?  The world is so much darker than I knew it to be.  Can I afford to trust someone like her when literal creatures of darkness are out to get me and my unborn as well?

I should sleep.  I have a long day of being homeless and on the run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment