Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Working out is hard

I have expressed my desire to get in better shape, both for my baby, and for me, in case the killer returns.

Surprisingly, Erika knows a lot about defense.  She has taught me a lot already, and I'm learning more every day.

It is also exhausting.  Perhaps the baby is finally starting to take its toll on me.  Or maybe I'm just a wimp.  I am inclined to believe I am fantastic at any given juncture, so I'm blaming the interloper in my stomach.

Erika isn't just good at self-defense, though.  I've heard her have many an argument with some of the officers around here.  Apparently, she likes to give them the slip when she's out on her morning jog.  I'm not sure where she goes, but when she is finally picked up again it's usually with some coffee for all of us so I can't complain too hard.

I just worry about here.  About everyone. We've been stuck here for over two weeks now.  When does it end?  When does it stop being likely that this killer will come after us?  How long do we have to wait?  I know I spouted some rather inspiring rhetoric about being read for the killer, but am I?  Do I have to be ready my whole life?  How long must we wait for the other shoe to smack us upside out collective heads?

No comments:

Post a Comment