Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chicago is boring

So Erika, Mary, Justine (one of the few vaguely tolerable work friends Mary has), and I all went up to Taste of Chicago today. I decided to skip classes, though it turns out I just exchanged them for something about as extraordinarily dull. Just a bunch of food stands and some shitty bands playing occasionally. Apparently they cut funding for it or something and it was only half the size it has been. Oh well. At least I got an ice cream cone the size of my forearm out of the trip.

There was a bookstore nearby, so the day wasn't a complete waste of time and money. Erika and Mary are trying to drag me out to the ren faire up in Bristol this weekend. It's really not my thing. I tried to say I didn't have any garb, but Erika insists she can get something my size. So I may be going despite my protests.

It might be good to get out, though. I could use the sun, and the distraction. I haven't made up my mind yet. It's not like I'll have anything else to do this weekend, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment