Saturday, July 7, 2012

I can't wait to move

But more on that in a moment.  I had a breakthrough of sorts today.

On my way to classes, I turned to the man in white and waved at him.  He moved away as quickly as he could.  I didn't see him when I left class two hours later.  I'm sure he was absolutely mystified at my ability to suss him out in such ingenious camouflage.  Hopefully, that takes care of that problem.

When, after work, I finally made my way to my apartment, however, a new one made itself known.  One of the people who lives on my floor decided to make his presence known.

His constant amorous attention was cute, if pathetic, at first...but he's seldom failed to try to drag me into whatever manner of boring smalltalk he has on hand.  It's quickly become somewhat creepy and sad.  And I know it is amorous attention, because he gives the dirtiest looks to my fiance when he sees us together, and he thinks we're not looking.

I got him to shut up today, though, when I showed him my brand new ring.  He mumbled something about congratulations and then made his excuses and left.  I'll admit, it was cruel of me, but not without a delightful measure of satisfaction.

Still, I doubt it will last for long.  Both Mary and I are regular targets of his fumbling overtures, and we're both rather tired of them.  I can't wait until the day I can move in with my fiance.  It should just be the end of the summer.  We've agreed that it would probably be best if we both waited until we were both graduated before we moved in together, for the sakes of our grades if nothing else.

Speaking of my paramour, it looks as though I'm going to be a thesis widow this weekend.  I may go to a bar or something with Mary and  some of her work friends.  She's been trying to get me to go out for weeks, and I may as well humor her.  Who knows, I might meet some new friends in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment