Thursday, July 12, 2012

I cannot fathom sleep

And so, I am here.  I have good news and bad news.

It's been half a week and my stalker in white is nowhere to be seen.  I'm assuming that my little wave scared him off.  I'm glad I didn't really have anything to worry about.  I hope I don't, at any rate.  Mary's told me that he could just be hiding better, or waiting for me to let my guard down again.  It's not the most pleasant thing to assume, but I don't think she's without merit in thinking it.  As much as I complain about her, she does have my best interests in mind.

The bad news is, I've still not seen much of my fiance this past week.  I want to strangle his professors.  Why does he have to do so much work over the summer?  It's summer!  This is one of the few remaining summers he has, but no, his professors insist that he must must must keep working on that damn thesis.  I know that he needs to do this to get his degree...but I miss him.

I must sound so pathetic.  I can hear my old gender studies professor using me as an example to the class as a poster child for antiquated views on gender roles in a relationship.  Look here at Ashleigh, she needs a man to feel content!  Her man leaves and she just wastes away in her apartment!

Well fuck that.  Tomorrow, after class, I am going to do something fun with Mary and possibly Erika as well.  I'll show that person who I haven't spoken to in two years what's what.

For now, however, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment